- Payit (referred to herein as ” Payit” or the ” App“) is a mobile digital wallet solution operated by First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC (the ” Bank“) which enables users to store funds and make payments digitally.
- This Policy applies to information collected in respect of individuals who use Payit for their personal, non-commercial use, as well as merchants and utility providers who use the App to accept payments. In this Policy, “you” means an individual, merchant, or utility provider who accesses or uses the App.
- In this Policy:
- ” Identification Data” means any data in a form which can identify you, whether you are an individual user or a merchant or utility provider; and
- ” Non-identifying Data” means information in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with you or any other natural or legal person.
- This Policy only governs the collection and use of information collected through or in connection with the App. It does not apply to information collected in other ways or to any other websites, products, software or services operated by the Bank. It does not modify or alter other agreements you may have, or enter later, with the Bank.
- This Policy does not apply to the data collection and use practices of any third parties you may contract with using or in connection with the App, including but not limited to merchants or your mobile service provider.
- By accessing or using the App or providing information to the Bank through the App, you agree to the practices described in this Policy. IF YOU DO NOT agree to the practices described in this policy, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE APP.
- In addition to this Policy, for certain features of the App, promotions, or reward schemes, the Bank may present different or additional information practices and terms specific to those activities at the time the information is collected.
2. What information does the Bank collect?
- Information collected when you register with Payit
The Bank collects certain Identification Data when you register with Payit. If you register to use Payit for your personal use, the Bank will collect your name and Emirates ID, together with your address, place of work, email address and mobile phone number. If you register as a merchant or utility provider, the Bank will collect copies of the passports of your authorised signatories and the names and address of shareholders (which may include individuals) whose shareholding exceeds five per cent (5%).
- Information collected through your use of Payit
The Bank will generate and record financial Identification Data relating to your Payit account, including the account number, IBAN and SWIFT code of the account. The Bank will also collect financial Identification Data when you link bank accounts and payment cards to your Payit account, including your bank account number, IBAN and credit or debit card number.
>When you execute transactions using the App, the Bank will generate and maintain records of those transactions.
You have the option to upload an image of yourself on the App for display with your profile. If you enable the use of Touch ID to log in to the App without the use of a PIN, the Bank will collect your fingerprint data.
Upon installation on your device, the App will have access to the lists of contacts on your device.
- Device information
The Bank may collect Identification Data from the devices on which you install or access the App, such as:
the location of your devices, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals; and
your IP address.
- Non-identifying Data
Depending on the permissions you grant, the Bank may collect Non-identifying Data such as your operating system, hardware version, browser type, device settings, the name of your mobile operator or internet service provider, area code, language, time zone and information about user activities on the App, such as how often pages are visited and which features and promotions are the most popular amongst users.
3. How does the Bank use your information?
- The Bank uses the information it collects:
(A) to provide the payment and associated services within the App to you;
(B) to evaluate, improve and develop our services and to notify you about these changes;
(C) to administer our services, including for troubleshooting and testing purposes;
(D) to help keep the App and the Bank’s systems and services safe and secure;
(E) to send you marketing communications;
(F) to show you advertisements and promotions which are relevant to you and to measure the effectiveness of such services;
(G) to respond to you when you contact the Bank;
(H) for the purposes of anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud monitoring; and
(I) to enforce other legal agreements between you and the Bank.
4. When will the Bank disclose your information?
- The Bank has an obligation to keep your Identification Data confidential and to make it available only:
- to you;
- to the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates (the ” Central Bank“);
- to another regulatory authority which is approved to receive the data by the Central Bank;
- by the order of a UAE court; or
- to Al Etihad Credit Bureau and other parties as necessary for compliance with anti-money laundering and terrorist financing laws.
- Any Non-identifying Data the Bank collects is aggregated with the data of other users and may be disclosed for the purposes described in this Policy without your further consent or any other restriction.
5. How does the Bank protect your information?
- The Bank takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your information against accidental and unlawful loss, destruction, alteration, disclosure, access or use.
6. Where does the Bank hold your information?
- The Bank has an obligation to store your Identification Data, including transaction records, on servers within the territory of the UAE. The Bank may transfer Non-identifying Data to locations outside the UAE without your further consent or any other restriction.
7. Could the Bank make changes to this Policy?
- The Bank may vary this Policy at any time by giving reasonable notice to you. If you do not agree with any change made by the Bank to this Policy, your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate your use of the App.
8. What happens to my information when I stop using the App?
- The Bank has an obligation to retain your Identification Data for as long as you are a user of the App and for a minimum of five years after you cease to be a user. The Bank has an obligation to retain records of each transaction for five years from the date of the transaction. The Bank reserves the right to retain your data when these periods expire. The Bank may retain your Non-identifying Data without your further consent or any other restriction.
9. Help and Support
- You can access help and support or file a complaint in relation to this Policy by contacting the Payit Call Centre and other support services provided by the Bank as published on the App.
Last updated: November 2017