Traffic fines in the UAE are pretty strict and hefty. You miss paying for parking and will get a hefty fine. You changed the lane against the traffic rules and will receive an SMS of being fined.
However, many of us still struggle to check traffic fines online and pay for it before its due date. This blog will help you understand how to check your traffic fines using your national ID card.
You can check your traffic fines by logging into your RTA portal. However, you can also use your Emirates ID to check and pay for your traffic fines.
Here’s how to check traffic fines with your Emirates ID for different websites.
1. Visit the GDRFA
2. In the search type, select ‘Emirates ID.’
3. Enter your Emirates ID number and your date of birth.
4. Select your gender.
5. Click ‘Submit,’ and you will see the fines related to your id.
1. Go to the TAMM
2. Select ‘Drive & Transport’ under the list of services
3. Click on ‘Fines & Violations.’
4. Select ‘Traffic Fines Payment.’
5. Click on ‘Sign in to Start’ at the bottom.
6. Select ‘Sign in with UAE Pass.’
7. Enter your Emirates ID and you can approve the access on the UAE Pass app on your phone.
8. Follow the instructions and you will see the list of fines registered on your ID.
Want to file a dispute? Read How to Dispute a Traffic Fine in the UAE?
You can pay for your traffic fines in two ways – online or offline. Let’s understand how to pay UAE traffic fines online and offline.
Using an online method, you can pay traffic fines through an e-dirham card, debit, or credit card.
You can pay offline by visiting the customer service centers or the Sahl kiosks.
Following and adhering to traffic rules is a sign of a responsible citizen. Be aware of the relevant regulations and fines. The UAE government also offers 35% discounts and a reduction in black points to encourage UAE residents to adhere to the rules strictly.
Drive responsibly and be safe.
Manage bill payments and school fees, split bills, shop, and send gift cards with an all-in-one Payit mobile wallet app. Download now.